THE WORLD ACCORDING TO ZEN

Posted on Updated on

bg:

I have been trying to open myself more to things that are outside of my comfort zone. This blog is somewhat included in that. At work I have been participating in the Secret Santa. This is the first year out of the last 4 that they have done it that I have been a part of it. The thing that does suck is that whoever has my name is not giving me anything. I am still gifting my gifts and I am willing to accept that whoever had my name forgot or I didn’t get assigned to someone. That is OK. I have still enjoyed doing the gifts and I hope that the person that I am giving to is enjoying it.

I read this post again after looking through my recent likes. It really hit home for me that putting myself into new situations or situations that I fear is helping me to grow, and I do want more. It is refreshing to hear that that if more is what I want, it is out there for me. I think that I have been caught in the strict Buddhist philosophy that all want is bad. Maybe it ultimately is, but I should not berate myself for wanting to do better in my life. I should be able to want a new house or a new car. I should be able to want to take trips. I should want to live my dreams.

Originally posted on Q&T's Life, Love and Food:

Image

Zen emphasizes the attainment of enlightenment and personal expression in Buddhist teachings and in my opinion it doesn’t matter whether your a Buddhist or not this principle can be applied in everyday life.

The World is more interesting when you open yourself up to things that or not in your comfort zone this is how we learn and grow reaching your personal zenith through this journey called life.

Whether in personal or business, doesn’t it feel better to open yourself up to all options that are on the table so you can attain the highest level of success, if more is what you want it’s out there for you, your on personal Zen.

As the World changes before our eyes, each day there is a new path, a new option, a new choice when you reach your destination, your Zen, the air seems fresher, the food taste sweeter and you…

View original 42 more words

About these ads

7 thoughts on “THE WORLD ACCORDING TO ZEN

craigsblogs72 said:
    December 12, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Yes – you should live your dreams! Living outside the comfort zone is where it’s at my friend. I’ve been doing it now for over a week and the zone just gets bigger to get out of, never easier. Enjoy the journey.

bg responded:
      December 15, 2012 at 1:31 pm

[...] inspiration to keep motivated really can come from so many sources. I just read this blog about the fear of leaving our comfort zones. After all, isn’t that what really stops most of [...]

bg responded:
      December 15, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Thank you for the link.

Gary said:
    December 13, 2012 at 2:04 am

I can see that I need to open myself up to the possibility of that new job offer. A new experience good or bad. It’s the fear factor that gets squarely in the way though. Overcome your fear of the unknown and you are way. Remember opportunity favours a prepared mind. So to mitigate the limiting traits of fear, prepare and plan in advance of any opportunities possibly arising. I hope someone does get you a little present…. Regards

bg responded:
      December 15, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Thank you for your reply. I have tried to take that approach in my recent need to buy a new vehicle. Buying a car is something that I dread. I don’t really enjoy shopping and often second guess my decision. I also deplore dealing with salespeople. Most (not all) have really been driven by their commission and not my interests. To your point, I listed out my reasons for needing a vehicle, my related fears, and mitigation techniques.

– The whole process makes me uncomfortable – I need a new vehicle because my current one is about to kick the bucket and if I don’t take action now, I will be taking action down the road when I am in dire need of the vehicle.
      – I can’t afford it – If I rearrange my budget and account for my lower mortgage payment with the pending closure of my refi, I should be able to fit it in my budget. There are a number of low interest loans available.
      – Salespeople make me nervous – I can do plenty of research beforehand and I can have apps on my phone to help me with the true pricing. I don’t have to buy that day.

I don’t have the new vehicle yet, but I am getting more comfortable with the idea of it. At some point I will just jump into these situations without worry, but for now I still feel the need to elicit some form of control.

And I did get a picture frame from the Secret Santa.

Best wishes

segmation said:
    December 16, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Beautiful blog. Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by mine as well!