If all action and thought spring from this exact moment, then we either have the total ability to modify our thoughts and actions, or we are just along for the ride. If all possibilities are played out then we exist as one of those possibilities that is allowing the universe to examine itself and maybe take stock of where it is in the scheme of things. A certain awareness through a certain lens. So at the point of awareness in the current moment we realize that all possibilities have occurred to bring about this moment, and this moment represents all possibilities from this moment.
s33said: “we” might have a grain of total control but we also evanesce out toward control which is less than total but also to a presence with less we and more they.
Through identification with the individual we assume that there is something to control. With loss of identification and causality, there is nothing to control. Free will comes, but it is not really needed. Free will isn’t really freedom to make whatever choice you want. That is irrelevant. The true meaning is a freedom from desire or will. Acceptance without want to change.
“Desires are just waves in the mind. You know a wave when you see one. A desire is just a thing among many. Freedom from desire means this: the compulsion to satisfy is absent.
– Nisargadatta Maharaj
The more I find myself trying to control the moment, the more I realize that the control is not needed. My attempts at control only end in disappointment when the goal is not met. And I realize that this is because I am not self-realized. Attempt at control is a want. Release of control is true freedom from will. It seems to be a balance. Very odd. Again, sort of the middle pane aspect of being caught in the middle. Maybe I should start of a site of middle panes from different comic strips.
Awareness is for all times, not just when you are sitting with your eyes closed. Do not mistake action for thought or thought for action.
- What is Consciousness? (anandavala.com)
- Delusion (zenmister.tumblr.com)
- Blue Cliff Record
- 11 Important Tips To Raise Your Consciousness. (zedie.wordpress.com)
- Letting go of control (creatingreality1.wordpress.com)
- The Angels: “Embrace Your Real Self” – 9 June 2013, by Tazjima (bluedragonjournal.com)
- Illusion of contra-causal free will (reasonableatheist.wordpress.com)
- Only Moments (indianpipemelting.wordpress.com)
- Take Control of Your Thoughts, Feelings, and Actions! (slimpossiblemission.wordpress.com)
- Identifying the Theory, Identifying the Problem (whitherparties.wordpress.com)