Do you think it is our choices or our feelings about our choices that matter? Thoughts are turned into feelings which seed into the next thought. My feelings about my past memories and future visions feed into the next thought which feeds into the next feeling. And so on.
My feeling positive or negative in a given moment feeds itself into a positive or negative thought. The thing to be aware of is that we are always feeling the past and not the current moment. Feelings of the past supervene on the thought itself and they are not thought. They are feelings.
Thought cannot be controlled. Thought about the past occurs in the present. Feelings about the past occur in the present. With practice and patience, feelings can be controlled or at least understood.
- All it Takes is a Little Patience and Time and Acceptance (middlepane.com)
- Trapped in Thoughts of Unhappiness (antsouterlimits.wordpress.com)
- Open for Questions…? (peasoup.typepad.com)
- On being grown up (emgarv.wordpress.com)
- I Have a Secret and I Will Not Tell (itishowyouthink.com)
- Property Dualism and Supervenience (maverickphilosopher.typepad.com)