In this Q&A Sadhguru discusses the connection between thoughts and emotion. Emotion is thought, just a juicy one that is delayed. Thought can be immediate, but emotion can take days, weeks, months,… to change. However, they are both thought.
Do we exist because we think or do we think because we exist? All of our experience of this existence is through thought. That is all we know. If we are reliant on thought and emotion for our experience then Sadhguru indicates that it is just a projection, and very much a dream. Our true nature is not thought.
It is important to note that Sadhguru is not advocating that life is a dream, illusion or projection. In fact, quite the opposite. He is saying that thoughts and emotions are a projection of life and not the other way around. In regards to the question:
If you are experiencing life… such a question will not come.
Thought is irrelevant in an existential sense. It applies psychologically and maybe socially, but not existentially. Thought does not define existence, existence defines thought. Existence does not require thought.
- Dismantling the Structure (philosophers-stone.co.uk)
- Forgiveness; Why Me? (rodneyorr2011.wordpress.com)
- Emotional Intelligence (planet.infowars.com)
- Darkness: Separation from Consciousness. (jennylvoe.com)
- Kudzu of Emotions (momentswithmillie.wordpress.com)
- Where Do We Currently Stand ? (abeerabouhamra.wordpress.com)
- Thoughts and Emotions (onewholenessnow.wordpress.com)