It feels like it has been a while since I have done a real post. I have been relying on a backlog of prose and found videos, neglecting the real intent of this blog which is to show this aspect of my mind. But it is all part of the show. A transition. A chance to let things go on autopilot for a bit.
I have been sick the past few days. It is odd how being sick puts me in a different state. One where I can see more of the body vs. mind. Awareness of the body looking one way, but the mind looking another. Sort of like being put in the passenger’s seat. I had this feeling another time recently. I was running and I hit a stride where I felt like I was sitting back with my feet up while this body I was in went along on its own. I guess this is the sort of mind-body separation that I am looking for in my meditation as well, so it is interesting to see glimpses of it in the physical world. And I quite imagine that is what a fully awakened state is like the whole time.
We watched The Host last night. A soul (Wanda) enters the body of a girl (Mel) that refuses to let go. That sort of plays into my current theme of mind/body. Mel acts like the mind giving thoughts and opinions to the body Wanda. Wanda has control over the body, but Mel can at times push her way through. All in all a good concept for a movie, but ruined a little by the love story aspects that stopped the movie from going further than it did.
I don’t know. Movies and books give great insight into how other people view the world. I guess that is what we do here on a micro-scale. This is where technology is what sets us apart. Communication. Ability to pass stories from generation to generation. An evolved social evolution, where we grow from being focused on the individual, to focused on the group. The survival of the group. Except when the group gets too large it seems that the focus goes back the the individual. An evolution to devolution. The process repeats and the individual can find compassion towards the external. Devolution is another step towards evolution. It is a practice of what does not work so it can be shed from the pool.
I have been trading some emails on Sam Harris with my friends. This is a really good talk with Joe Rogan. I may write more here later.
- Psychological, Conscious, and Spiritual Evolution (realitysandwich.com)
- Joe Rogan on Dating (theonedonald.wordpress.com)
- The curiously limited argument from convergent evolution raises an ugly tentacle/fin again (freethoughtblogs.com)
- Georges St-Pierre Retirement? GSP Says he Will ‘Go away for a little bit’ (theepochtimes.com)
- Creationists’ Last Stand At The State Board Of Education (dallasobserver.com)
- Joe Rogan Questions Everything (universityy101.com)
- RELIGION: UFC Media Star Joe Rogan Questions Faith and Asks “Are You in Cult”? (veteranstoday.com)
- Our Universal Family: Rivers of Energy are Pouring into your Chakras (aquariusparadigm.com)