Do you ever feel that technology is preparing us for an extremely huge paradigm shift? Show a smart phone to someone from 100 years ago and they would think that you are performing black magic. It feels like we are being prepared for some sort of mental leap. How much are we willing to accept? I just more and more see some merging of man and machine. Kurzweil predicts it and it really doesn’t feel that far off. A singularity. A literal physical connection between man and machine. A physical and electrical connection to everyone that is part of the grid. And maybe it will even become organic. It will touch every particle in the universe. Maybe it has already happened and we are just remembering it now? Sort of like Bender getting an upgrade.
Bender: Woof. If that stuff wasn’t real, how can I be sure anything is real? Is it not possible – nay, probable – that my whole life is just a product of my or someone else’s imagination?
Technician: No. Get out. NEXT!
- Singularity HUB
- Paradigm Shift (misscarriedmuse.wordpress.com)
- Raymond Kurzweil (brentedrake.wordpress.com)
- Futurama: A Retrospective (pixcelation.com)
- R.I.P Futurama 1999-2013 (walterarmstrong.wordpress.com)
- In Memoriam: Futurama (lobstersstuffedwithtacos.wordpress.com)
- ‘Futurama’ Canceled … Again! (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Singularity Club (briandbuckley.com)
- A Mathematical Proof of the Singularity (singularityweblog.com)
- The Singularity is coming soon to a reality near you! (awfullycurious.wordpress.com)
- Singularity; past, present, future (theoddityfair.wordpress.com)